In Any Industry, People are What Differentiate One Company From Another
Is Our Process Unique or Proprietary?
The truth is that although the employment market is constantly changing, the recruiting process has changed very little in the last thirty years. Yes, we use an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) instead of index cards. And yes, most recruiters use the Internet and databases to do research. But, basically, we do the same thing many search firms do. We just do it more thoroughly, with more consistency, and with complete integrity.
Many companies have a 25-Step Process, but some people take two steps at a time, missing every other one, while others climb the stairs at a snail’s pace. We take pride in never compromising our standards, and always working with the same sense of urgency as our clients.
So, Why Should You Choose Prodigy Executive Search?
- To decrease their company and department turnover rates.
- To reduce their hiring costs in terms of both time and money; and
- To optimize their hiring process by bringing them focus and clarity.
Our sister company, Norwood Career Advisors, offers career and job search counseling. We render our services to companies, as an outplacement service, but also directly to individuals. Our individual clients are either employed or in transition when they come to us. This constant exposure to both employers and employees makes us very sensitive to trends in the market.
In any industry, people are what differentiate one company from another. Ours excel! To find out why click here.
- Consultants. We don’t just recruit and sell. A good search consultant is an excellent sales person. He/she must be able to sell himself to the client, the position to the candidate, and the candidate to the employer. We only close the transaction, however, if it is in everyone’s best interests to do so. The best recruiters also coach, counsel, and consult throughout the process. The rare combination of sales, analytical, and consulting talents required of a high level search consultant make this an extremely difficult job to perform well.
- Integrity. We adhere to the highest ethical standards possible. We do not use ruses to get clients or to lure candidates into interviewing with our clients. We do not oversell a company, a job, or a candidate. We do not hide flaws or exaggerate positives. We do business with clients and candidates who share our values. We always endeavor to put our clients’ interests ahead of our own.
- High standards. Our goal with every search is to get a testimonial. A satisfied client is not enough for us. We want every new client to think of us and only us the next time they have a position to fill. We strive for excellence in everything we do.
- Specialists. Each of our search consultants is a specialist, rather than a generalist. We have many years of executive level experience in our fields. That means, we understand your industry and the fundamentals of your business. We can help you to write a Job Description for any position we fill.
- Long-term. Our goal is to establish a long-term consultative relationship with your company. We want to become a valuable outside resource for you—when you need to hire someone immediately, when you’re just looking for market information, or if you simply want us to keep an eye out for a world-class player to add to your A-team on an opportunistic basis.* One of the advantages of working with a firm you have a relationship with is this continuous process.
- Performance. The biggest complaint companies have regarding recruiters is that they don’t do what they say they will. If we say we will search for a candidate for your position, we actively work on that search until we inform you otherwise. Our goal is to deliver more than we promise and to set the bar for industry standards.
- Clients and candidates. We choose to do business with those who share our values. Our clients understand that the lowest price does not always represent the highest value. They understand the difference between hiring a desperate person who is out of work and making an investment in an employee who will add immediate and future value to their company’s bottom line.
- Professionalism. As your partners in executive search, we conduct ourselves with a high level of professionalism at all times. Your association with us will always reflect favorably on you.
- Confidentiality. We deliver results while respecting the confidentiality of all parties.
*CareerBuilder’s first quarter 2009 survey revealed that “23% of employers are taking this time to replace lower-performing employees with new talent.
Steps in the Process
Many people don’t know what it is that a top quality recruiter does—even those who have been recruited themselves or used the services of a recruiter as an employer. Here are the steps involved, and how we execute them to ensure the best results for all parties.
Your Commitment to Us
Before you decide to work with Prodigy Executive Search, we ask for your commitment to our process—a process designed to:
- minimize the investment of time by all parties;
- maximize the return on investment by producing a good hire; and
- build trust and understanding that will facilitate future transactions.
We work with a select group of companies that are committed to the same high standards of integrity and openness that characterize our company. We do not recruit from client companies.
Why Do It Our Way?
You gain peace of mind when you let Prodigy Executive Search recruit for you. We understand the market for the talent you want. We have a solid grasp of the quality and experience of candidates available. We have on-going relationships with people at all levels of ability, experience, and talent, and we have up-to-date information on compensation for all levels of positions. It is our responsibility to show clients what is available on the market, based on the qualifications they have shared with us.
You minimize the risk of turndowns, falloffs, and mishires. The costs of a turndown are only time, but the costs of a falloff, or a mishire include compensation paid, termination settlements, recruitment expenses, and/or placement fees. Disruption to the organization, management errors, lost opportunities, strategy failure, wasted training, and damaged morale are less easily quantifiable, but just as harmful and expensive to all concerned.
According to Bradford D. Smart, PhD and author of Topgrading: How Leading Companies Win by Hiring, Coaching and Keeping the Best People, a mishire can cost a company 14 times the salary of a manager making less than $100,000 a year, and up to 28 times the salary of someone making $100,000 to $250,000 a year. Because the process is so stressful and often ends in disappointment on both sides, the emotional investment is considerable, as well.
You benefit from third-party validation. We sell your company’s story and integrate it into an effective recruiting and retention strategy. An outsider is always perceived as more impartial than an insider. Working with a search firm with a sterling reputation, who specializes in your industry has many advantages. The third-party validation of such a firm promoting your company will increase the credibility of your message. We treat our candidates with the same respect that we treat our clients, and they trust us.
You reduce your time to hire. We recruit with urgency and passion, so you can focus on what you do best. Our goal is to create a win-win result for you, your next great employee, and us—your trusted advisor for all your recruitment needs. Why not work with us, using a strategic, well-organized plan designed to meet your needs in the most effective and efficient manner possible?